State-of-the-Art Software for Designing with Concrete Pressure Pipe
ACPPA offers two software programs, jointly developed by ACPPA and the consulting firm of Simpson, Gumpertz & Heger of Boston, to assist manufacturers, consultants and owners in the design of pipelines using concrete pressure pipe:
Thrust Restraint Design Program — FREE
This program was specifically developed to aid in the design of restraint systems for concrete pressure pipelines in accordance with the manual of water supply practice, Concrete Pressure Pipe (M9), 3rd Edition and related AWWA Standards for Concrete Pressure Pipe. The interactive software provides users with an accurate and reliable design program that streamlines the design process. To download the Software Program and/or User’s Guide, complete the ‘REQUEST ACCESS’ section to the right. Once you enter your contact information and hit send, an access code will be emailed to you. The Software Program and User’s Guide will be available for download once you enter your access code.
Unified Design Program — FREE for Members/$5500 per single key for non-Members; key price reduces for multiple copies
This program aids in the design of prestressed concrete cylinder pipe in accordance with AWWA Standard C304, Design of Prestressed Concrete Cylinder Pipe. The program is an accurate and reliable approach to simplifying the process of producing and/or checking pipe designs that comply with all applicable standards, including AASHTO HL 93 live loads (replaces HS 20 in AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications, 8th Edition). To download the Software Program and/or User’s Guide, complete the ‘REQUEST ACCESS’ section to the right. Once you enter your contact information and hit send, an access code will be emailed to you. The Software Program and User’s Guide will be available for download once you enter your access code. To purchase a security key or keys to run the Unified Design Program, contact ACPPA at email@example.com.
ACPPA Software License Agreement
IMPORTANT – READ CAREFULLY BEFORE DOWNLOADING SOFTWARE
For purposes of this agreement, the term “Software” refers to the Unified Design Program (for Prestressed Concrete Cylinder Pipe) and/or Thrust Restraint Design Program and related documentation (e.g., user guides). The copyright rights and all other intellectual property rights in the program that constitute this Software together with the computer file downloaded via the Internet, or other media on which this Software is supplied, is and remains the property of the American Concrete Pressure Pipe Association (ACPPA). You are licensed to use the Software only if you accept all the terms and conditions set out below. If an individual is licensing this Software from ACPPA on behalf of a corporation or other entity, “you” refers to that entity and that entity will be bound by the terms and conditions below.
By downloading this program, you indicate acceptance of this Agreement. Please read this Agreement carefully before downloading this program.
If you do not accept these terms and conditions, do not download the Software.
1. License Agreement: The Software, related documentation, and all intellectual property rights embodied within or derived from such Software are copyrighted works of authorship or proprietary materials exclusively owned by ACPPA. ACPPA retains ownership of all subsequent copies of the Software and other Software derived therefrom. This license is not a sale of the original Software or any copies. If you violate the terms of this agreement, ACPPA shall withdraw the license and you may be subject to penalties for violating ACPPA’s intellectual property rights.
ACPPA grants to you a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive license to use the Software on a single computer owned, leased, and/or controlled by you.
The Software is intended to be used by a licensed Professional Engineer (PE) experienced in the design and installation of concrete pressure pipe. Non-licensed persons may use the Software only after appropriate training and under the direct supervision of a PE.
You assume sole responsibility for all decisions made regarding the use of the Software and must always exercise the usual standard of care and independent professional engineering judgment in analyzing and interpreting conclusions reached with the assistance of the Software.
ACPPA may use your personal information (e.g., name, employment and/or contact information) to market ACPPA programs, goods and services to you.
2. Prohibited Activities: You may not use, copy, or modify the Software or any copy in whole or in part, including any print-out or modification of the source or object codes, except as expressly provided in this Agreement. You may not translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify, or create derivative works based on the Software except as expressly permitted under the terms of this Agreement. You may not disclose, display, communicate, or otherwise permit the use of the Software or its source or object codes by or to any third party for any purpose. You are prohibited from using the Software to process the data of third parties. You hereby waive any rights granted by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act to decompile the Software or any portion thereof to identify or analyze the interoperability of the Software.
3. Term: This Agreement is effective in perpetuity or until terminated by ACPPA. If ACPPA terminates this Agreement, you agree upon the termination to destroy the Software in your possession together with all copies in any form. Sections 2, 5, and 6 of this Agreement will survive any termination.
4. No Transfer: The Software is licensed only to you and not to others. If you transfer possession of any copy of the Software to another party except as specifically permitted above, your license is automatically terminated. You may not rent, lend, lease, sublicense, sell, assign, pledge, transfer, or otherwise dispose of the Software, on a temporary or permanent basis, without the prior written consent of ACPPA. If you are a corporation or other entity and experience a change in control, your continued use of this software constitutes acceptance of this agreement by the new entity. ACPPA may freely assign this Agreement.
5. Disclaimer of Warranty:
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”. ACPPA DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED, EXPRESS AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR PURPOSE. ACPPA WILL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY MANNER FOR USE OR MISUSE OF THE SOFTWARE OR THE INAPPLICABILITY OF THE SOFTWARE TO ANY PROJECT. IN NO EVENT SHALL ACPPA BE LIABLE TO THE USER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, LOST REVENUES, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ACPPA HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ACPPA HAS NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED OBLIGATION TO ANNOUNCE OR MAKE AVAILABLE ANY UPDATES, ENHANCEMENTS, MODIFICATIONS, REVISIONS OR ADDITIONS TO THE SOFTWARE.
6. Export: You will comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations governing the export of goods and information, including the laws of the countries in which the materials were created. In particular, you will not export or re-export, directly or indirectly, separately or as a part of a system, the Software or other information relating thereto to any country for which an export license or other approval is required without first obtaining such license or other approval.
7. General: ACPPA retains all rights not expressly granted herein. This Agreement is the complete and exclusive agreement of the parties and supersedes all prior communications, oral or written, between the parties relating to the Agreement’s subject matter. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without reference to its choice of law provisions. Any claim or dispute arising in connection with these terms and conditions shall be resolved in the federal or state courts situated within the Commonwealth of Virginia or may be settled by binding arbitration at the sole option of ACPPA. In the event ACPPA elects binding arbitration, the arbitration shall be held in Alexandria, Virginia in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association and any award issued pursuant thereto may be entered and enforced by any court of competent jurisdiction.
Should you have any questions concerning this Agreement, you may contact ACPPA at firstname.lastname@example.org.