Specifications for Selecting and Working with Concrete Pressure Pipe
ACPPA Members are committed to promoting the safe and effective use of concrete pressure pipe in water and wastewater applications. As part of that commitment, ACPPA has developed standard specifications for each of the four types of concrete pressure pipe defined by the American Water Works Association (AWWA) – C300, C301, C302 and C303.
These specifications are designed to adequately define an owner’s needs without adding needless constraints or complications that restrict a contractor’s options and/or increase project cost. They can be used with confidence to ensure a quality product, with properties that satisfy the specific needs of a project.
DOWNLOADABLE AT NO CHARGE to owners, engineers, designers and contractors, ACPPA’s standard specifications are available as searchable PDF files, as well as Word documents that can be modified for any project. To download a PDF, simply click on the PDF icon. TO DOWNLOAD A WORD FILE, complete the ‘REQUEST ACCESS’ section to the right. Once you enter your contact information and hit send, an access code will be emailed to you. The Word files will be available for download once you enter your access code.
Standard Specification for Reinforced Concrete Pressure Pipe, Steel-Cylinder Type (AWWA C300)
Standard Specification for Prestressed Concrete Pressure Pipe, Steel-Cylinder Type (AWWA C301)
Standard Specification for Reinforced Concrete Pressure Pipe, Noncylinder Type (AWWA C302)
Standard Specification for Concrete Pressure Pipe, Bar-Wrapped, Steel-Cylinder Type (AWWA C303)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Downloading one or more of ACPPA’s standard specifications constitutes acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
- Even if you have not expressly accepted these terms and conditions, they are binding and effective upon your downloading of any ACPPA specification and shall remain in effect in perpetuity or until terminated by ACPPA.
- ACPPA retains all intellectual property rights in its standard specifications. You are granted a limited license to use the specifications in accordance with these terms and conditions. If you violate them, ACPPA shall withdraw the license and you may be subject to penalties for violating ACPPA’s intellectual property rights.
- These specifications are intended to be used by a licensed Professional Engineer (PE) experienced in the design and installation of concrete pressure pipe. Non-licensed persons may use the specifications only after appropriate training and under the direct supervision of a PE.
- You assume sole responsibility for all decisions made regarding the use of the specifications and must always exercise the usual standard of care and independent professional engineering judgment when modifying the specifications to fit the needs of any project.
- ACPPA’S SPECIFICATIONS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. ACPPA DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED, EXPRESS AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SPECIFICATIONS, INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR PURPOSE. ACPPA WILL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY MANNER FOR USE OR MISUSE OF THE SPECIFICATIONS OR THE INAPPLICABILITY OF THE SPECIFICATIONS TO ANY PROJECT. IN NO EVENT SHALL ACPPA BE LIABLE TO THE USER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, LOST REVENUES, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SPECIFICATIONS, EVEN IF ACPPA HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- If you have provided personal information (e.g., name, occupation, or email address) to ACPPA to obtain the specifications, you agree that ACPPA may use this information to market ACPPA programs, goods and services to you.
- You acknowledge that ACPPA has no express or implied obligation to announce or make available any updates, enhancements, modifications, revisions or additions to the specifications.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without regard to the conflicts of law rules thereof. Any claim or dispute arising in connection with these terms and conditions shall be resolved in the federal or state courts situated within the Commonwealth of Virginia or may be settled by binding arbitration at the sole option of ACPPA. In the event ACPPA elects binding arbitration, any award issued pursuant thereto may be entered and enforced by any court of competent jurisdiction.
- For additional information, contact ACPPA at firstname.lastname@example.org.