We Take a Multifaceted Approach to Protecting Our
One of our unique and critical roles is to monitor federal/provincial legislation and mobilize resources to ensure a positive legislative and regulatory environment for our members. Working closely with the law firm of Obadal, Filler, MacLeod & Klein, PLC of Alexandria, Virginia, our members and staff regularly engage policymakers within the United States, Canada and around the world to promote and advance the concrete pressure pipe industry.
Actionline is a monthly e-newsletter reporting on impending legislative and regulatory news of interest to the industry. The publication frequently includes guest articles by leading members of Congress – allowing ACPPA members to hear directly from decision makers on Capitol Hill.
- March 2019: A drinking water crisis, a Canadian budget and getting to work in D.C….
- View all past issues
ACPPA is active with several broad-based coalitions that monitor and influence legislative and regulatory topics of interest to the concrete pressure pipe industry. These coalitions include:
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce —The largest and most influential business association in Canada providing a vital connection between business and the federal government.
- Clean Water Council —Underground construction contractors, design engineers, suppliers, manufacturers and other professionals working together to ensure a high quality of life through sound environmental infrastructure.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce — The world’s largest business federation representing the interests of more than 3 million businesses of all sizes, sectors and regions.
- Sustainable Water Infrastructure Coalition The Sustainable Water Infrastructure Coalition (SWIC) is an alliance of corporations, public organizations, industry trade associations and others representing private and public water and wastewater service providers, construction contractors, equipment manufacturers and distributors, engineering companies, labor unions, financing institutions, and business organizations working to advance sustainable water and wastewater infrastructure policy through public awareness, education and advocacy.