State-of-the-Art Software for Designing with Concrete Pressure Pipe
ACPPA offers two software programs, jointly developed by ACPPA and the consulting firm of Simpson, Gumpertz & Heger of Boston, to assist manufacturers, consultants and owners in the design of pipelines using concrete pressure pipe:
Thrust Restraint Design Program — FREE
This program was specifically developed to aid in the design of restraint systems for concrete pressure pipelines in accordance with the manual of water supply practice, Concrete Pressure Pipe (M9), 3rd Edition and related AWWA Standards for Concrete Pressure Pipe. The interactive software provides users with an accurate and reliable design program that streamlines the design process. To download the Software Program and/or User’s Guide, complete the ‘REQUEST ACCESS’ section to the right. Once you enter your contact information and hit send, an access code will be emailed to you. The Software Program and User’s Guide will be available for download once you enter your access code.
Unified Design Program — FREE for Members/$5000 for non-Members
This program aids in the design of prestressed concrete cylinder pipe in accordance with AWWA Standard C304, Design of Prestressed Concrete Cylinder Pipe. The program is an accurate and reliable approach to simplifying the process of producing and/or checking pipe designs that comply with all applicable standards. To purchase a copy of the Unified Design Program, contact ACPPA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Downloading ACPPA’s Thrust Restraint Design Program and/or User’s Guide constitutes acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
- Even if you have not expressly accepted these terms and conditions, they are binding and effective upon your downloading of ACPPA’s Thrust Restraint Design Program and/or User’s Guide and shall remain in effect in perpetuity or until terminated by ACPPA.
- ACPPA retains all intellectual property rights in its Thrust Restraint Design Program and/or User’s Guide. You are granted a limited license to use the Thrust Restraint Design Program and/or User’s Guide in accordance with these terms and conditions. If you violate them, ACPPA shall withdraw the license and you may be subject to penalties for violating ACPPA’s intellectual property rights.
- The Thrust Restraint Design Program and/or User’s Guide are intended to be used by a licensed Professional Engineer (PE) experienced in the design and installation of concrete pressure pipe. Non-licensed persons may use the Thrust Restraint Design Program and/or User’s Guide only after appropriate training and under the direct supervision of a PE.
- You assume sole responsibility for all decisions made regarding the use of the Thrust Restraint Design Program and/or User’s Guide and must always exercise the usual standard of care and independent professional engineering judgment in analyzing and interpreting conclusions reached with the assistance of the software.
- ACPPA’S THRUST RESTRAINT DESIGN PROGRAM AND/OR USER’S GUIDE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. ACPPA DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED, EXPRESS AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE THRUST RESTRAINT DESIGN PROGRAM AND/OR USER’S GUIDE, INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR PURPOSE. ACPPA WILL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY MANNER FOR USE OR MISUSE OF THE THRUST RESTRAINT DESIGN PROGRAM AND/OR USER’S GUIDE OR THE INAPPLICABILITY OF THE THRUST RESTRAINT DESIGN PROGRAM AND/OR USER’S GUIDE TO ANY PROJECT. IN NO EVENT SHALL ACPPA BE LIABLE TO THE USER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, LOST REVENUES, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE THRUST RESTRAINT DESIGN PROGRAM AND/OR USER’S GUIDE, EVEN IF ACPPA HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- If you have provided personal information (e.g., name, occupation, or email address) to ACPPA to obtain the Thrust Restraint Design Program and/or User’s Guide, you agree that ACPPA may use this information to market ACPPA programs, goods and services to you.
- You acknowledge that ACPPA has no express or implied obligation to announce or make available any updates, enhancements, modifications, revisions or additions to the Thrust Restraint Design Program and/or User’s Guide.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without regard to the conflicts of law rules thereof. Any claim or dispute arising in connection with these terms and conditions shall be resolved in the federal or state courts situated within the Commonwealth of Virginia or may be settled by binding arbitration at the sole option of ACPPA. In the event ACPPA elects binding arbitration, any award issued pursuant thereto may be entered and enforced by any court of competent jurisdiction.
- For additional information, contact ACPPA at email@example.com.